Gaunt, C. (2016, 17 maart). School academy plans unveiled in education White Paper. Nursery World. Geraadpleegd op 17 maart via [http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk]
Education secretary Nicky Morgan is launching an education White Paper today setting out ‘a blueprint for a system of full academisation'of England's schools.In a nutshell:
- All schools will be forced to become academies, by the end of 2020.
- the vast majority of schools will work in multi-academy trusts (MATs), allowing them to share resources, staff and expertise.
- A new system of ‘supported autonomy’ that will mean that schools can drive improvement themselves but where they are struggling support can be given sooner.
- Schools that have been judged 'requires improvement' will have a 30-month improvement period applied.
- Qualified Teacher Status will be abolished and replaced with ‘a new more challenging accreditation’. Instead, heads will have the power to accredit teachers when they have demonstrated classroom efficiency, including in areas such as behaviour management and subject knowledge.
Beleidsdocumenten Department of Education
> Strategy Overview 2015-2020
> Educational excellence everywhere
> World class education and care